The Office of: Chris Davies MP – Brecon and Radnorshire
Job Title: Caseworker
Location: Builth Wells Office
Pay: In line with IPSA Payscales – Dependent on experience
· Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
· Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
· Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
· Draft response to constituents
· Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
· Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
· Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
· Help build relationships with external organisations
· Brief the MP on specific cases and general issues arising from cases
If you would like to discuss this role prior to applying, please contact the Office of Chris Davies MP – email@example.com
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, CVs and covering letters are invited. 25th of January 2019 is the closing date.
Description of the role
This role is an entry level case worker post. Case work is a major part of what a Member of Parliament does and constituents bring forward issues that they need help and support with. This can be anything from getting the lamp post outside their house fixed to a major immigration inquiry.
This post will work with the Senior Caseworker/Office Manager who will help to train them on how to undertake casework and they will work together to ensure that all casework is done and constituents are helped.
The job involves meeting with members of the public who are looking for the MP’s help. Sometimes this will be done with the MP, sometimes with other members of the team. This can be face to face, it can also be over the phone and often by email. You will build a relationship with individual constituents to ensure that they get the help they need from the MPs office.
When specific issues emerge from casework you will be responsible for briefing the MP on the issue. This will sometimes be verbally in a meeting or on the phone and sometimes will involve writing a brief report. You may be asked to help raise issues at the local and national level.
We use a system called “Cross Reference” to manage the casework and you will have to learn how to use this system. Full training will be given on this.
The job is an exciting one and would suit someone who is looking for an interesting challenge working with a super small team in the constituency office in Builth Wells. Your direct line manager will be the Office Manager, who you will work with alongside the Senior Press/Communications Officer on a daily basis.
This is not a role that requires specific qualifications or knowledge. It is open to someone with office role experience.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Well organised and some attention to detail
· Ability to work within a team to a set of agreed standards, including a discretional mindset.
· Good computer skills
· You should have a positive and calm temperament to be able to deal with constituents
· A full UK driving license
· Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
As part of this job you would be required to pass a parliamentary security check. The post is based in the constituency office, but there will be opportunities to go to Westminster for training and meetings.